Butternut squash salad

Friday, 10 February 2017

Even though I don't have any lectures today I'm just about to go to uni anyway. I have to sort some things out on InDesign on the computers on school. I do have the program on my own laptop, but I've got an older version and I need the new one for this assignment. Might be a good idea to do an update and get the newer one for myself?

//  Även fast jag inte har några föreläsningar idag så är jag på väg mot universitet ändå. Jag måste fixa lite saker på InDesign på någon av skolans datorer. Jag har programmet på mig egen laptop, men jag har en äldre version och för den här uppgiften behöver jag ner nyare. Det kanske skulle vara smart att uppdatera till den nyare åt mig själv? 


From one thing to another. Let's talk about this butternut squash salad. I made it earlier this week and just realised how much I actually appreciate good home made salads! I roasted the butternut squash and broccoli in the oven, which gave such a nice flavour. Also, the dressing – DELISH! I've done this dressing before, but I decided to add some ginger to this one. A great combo if you ask me. 

//  Från det ena till det andra. Kan vi prata om den här butternutpumpasalladen? Jag gjorde den tidigare i veckan och insåg hur mycket jag verkligen uppkattar en god hemmagjord sallad! Jag ugnsbakade butternutpumpan och broccolin i ugnen, vilket gav en väldigt god smak. För att inte tala om dressingen – SÅ GOTT! Jag har gjort den förut, men den här gången hade jag även i ingefära. En perfekt kombo om ni frågar mig. 

Ingredients
- Butternut squash 
- Fresh broccoli 
- Chickpeas
- Iceberg lettuce 
- Quinoa
- Olive oil
For the dressing 
- 1 dl tahini
- 1 dl water 
- 1/2 juice of a lemon 
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup 
- 1 tsp ginger powder/fresh grated ginger
- A pinch of sea salt 
- A pinch of black pepper

Butternut squash salad

1. Turn on the oven on 200°C.

2. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions. 

3. Chop the butternut squash into half moons and the broccoli into florets. Put on a baking tray and drizzle over a little bit of olive oil. Place in the middle of the oven for about 10-15 minutes. 

4. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Chop up the iceberg lettuce and rinse as well. Put aside. 

5. Make the dressing in a small bowl. Mix all ingredients together until thick but smooth. 

6. When the quinoa is done cooking and the veggies has been roasted it's time to combine everything in a bowl or on a plate. Done!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne