Ethical Wardrobe Stories - Part 2

Sunday, 9 October 2016

Last time in "Ethical Wardrobe Stories" I had a big clean-out in of my wardrobe (read part 1 here). Now I've got a overview of what I've got, but also what I am missing. I sat down with a cup of green tea and started to write a list of garments and accessories that I feel I need. Some basic things, but also some special pieces.
____________________

Förra gången i "Ethical Wardrobe Stories" gjorde jag en stor rensning av min garderob (läs del 1 här). Nu har jag en översikt av vad jag har, men också vad jag saknar. Jag satte mig ner med en kopp grönt te och började skriva en lista på plagg och accessoarer som jag känner att jag behöver. Det blev några basplagg men även en del mer speciella saker.



Grey T-shirt
A basic that I'm in desperate need of. Of course I'm looking for one in a 100% organic cotton.

Top with spaghetti straps
That's all we talked about this spring in styling class when we we're analysing all fashion shows for AW16. The spaghetti straps was everywhere! I would like one in colour that I can where by itself but also layered over a t-shirt or polo.

Loose tailored trousers
I feel so comfortable in looser jeans and trousers. Last fall and winter I lived in loose tailored trousers. Unfortunately, they've gotten a bit too big for me so I need new ones. I want some in black or in a darker grey tone, but could add some in colour to my wardrobe later on.

Casual statement dress
What do I mean by this? I want a dress in colour that's casual for everyday use but that still stands out a bit. I need something fun in my wardrobe.

Outerwear accessories
Sweden is already cold and I really need more gloves. I've only got one pair at the moment and they're knitted chunky ones, I want a pair that's more neat.

Knitted sweater
A fall and winter essential in a cold climate is a chunky knitted sweater. At least it is in my opinion. Have I got one? Nope! Also, I need to find one that's not made out of wool.

Fun trousers or a skirt
I love trousers in different colour, patterns and prints. The ones I've got are too big so I would really like to find some new ones. A skirt could also work, but I know I'll probably use trousers more.

White sneakers
The white sneakers I've got are really worn out and the shoe lace have broken. I love having white sneakers in my wardrobe. They are comfy and can make any outfit more casual and sporty, so therefore I need a new pair.

Winter boots
I'm already feeling the cold winds in Sweden. I don't know how I'm going to get through the winter! What I do know though is that it'll be easier if I've got a pair of warmer winter boots.

Back pack or tote
I always go around with totes made out of cotton, and even though that's very much me, I feel like I need a more "proper" bag with a zip so I can close it. I definitely need a big bag, because I always carry around too many things with me.



Just because you want to have an ethical wardrobe doesn't mean your style has to be boring. You can still have those fun and trendy statement pieces. What I'm gonna try to do though is to find those pieces second hand, since you might get tired of them more quickly.

The basics can be harder to find in good quality second hand since people tend to wear them out more, so when buying those pieces I'm going to look for organic and more sustainable materials.

Hope you enjoyed part 2 in this mini-series. Don't miss part 3 soon!
____________________

Bara för att man vill ha en mer etisk garderob behöver det inte betyda att din stil blir tråkig. Man kan fortfarande ha den där roliga och trendiga plaggen. Vad jag tänker försöka göra är att hitta de plaggen second hand då man ofta tröttnar på de fortare.

Basplaggen är kan vara svårare att hitta i bra kvalité second hand i och med att folk sliter ut de plaggen mer, så när jag köper de plaggen tänker jag titta efter ekologiskt och mer miljövänliga material.

Hoppas ni tyckte om del 2 i denna lilla serie. Missa inte del 3 snart!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne