Spaghetti with red pepper pesto and roasted eggplant

Friday, 12 August 2016


Since I'm back home, staying at either my mom's place or my dad's place, I thank them through cooking for them some nights. It's also a way for me to show them how easy it is eating vegan and also because they're curious and very supportive of my diet. 

Tonight I made spaghetti with a red pepper pesto and roasted eggplant. It turned out really good! A perfect, simple pasta dish that suits most people. 

I thought this would take longer to make, but actually, it only took about 30 minutes! It was fun making a different type of pesto. Equally as simple, but still something different.  

You could also use the pesto as a spread on bread if you'd like, I'm definitely going to try that some day. 

Pasta with red pepper pesto and roasted eggplant

1. Put the oven on 200 degrees Celsius. Chop up the whole eggplant in to large half moons and put on a baking tray. Sprinkle over some oregano and place the tray in the middle of the oven. 

2. Cook the pasta of your choice (spaghetti in my case) according to the instructions. 

3. In a food processor – mix the pine nuts (save some for later), roasted red pepper, garlic and some fresh basil. Blend until smooth. 

4. Take the remaining pine nuts and roast in a pan on medium heat until they've got a bit of colour. Put aside. 

5. Drain the pasta and put aside and heat up the pesto in the saucepan instead. When it's hot, put back the pasta in the saucepan again and stir around till everything is covered in the pesto. 

6. Take out the eggplant from the oven and stir down with the pasta. 

7. Season with oregano, black pepper and salt after taste. 

8. Serve on a plate and top the pasta with some of the pine nuts and fresh basil. 

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne