Nectarine and avocado salad

Monday, 1 August 2016


Since I've been having people visiting me here in London for the last two couple of weeks, I've mostly been eating out. Don't get me wrong, I love eating out and really enjoy it, but I also love making my own food. Partly because I have a interest for cooking, but also because it in the long run makes my body feel better because I know exactly what's in the dishes. 

Today I wanted to try out making a salad with nectarines since they're cheap and in season at the moment (and delicious as well of course). 

This combination maker the perfect summer salad! The sweetness from the nectarine with the creamy avocado and crunch from the walnuts is so good together. The recipe is for 1 person, but add more if you're hungry or if you want to serve more people. 

Nectarine and avocado salad

1. Start out with heating up a pan on medium heat. Chop up the walnuts roughly and toast them in the pan. Makes sure to stir them around so they don't burn. Put aside when they've got a bit of colour. 

2. Wash the spinach and chop up the courgette and put on the plate. 

3. Open the avocado and use half of it for the salad. Keep the other one in the fridge (squeeze a bit of lemon over it to prevent it from getting brown to quick). Place it on the salad.

4. Chop the nectarine and put on the salad as well. 

5. Take the toasted walnuts and put all over the salad.

6. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar over – Sorted! Super quick, easy and delicious!

4 comments

  1. Ooh I love nectarines, but I've only ever eaten them by themselves. This looks like a great summer salad recipe; thanks for sharing! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really try it, it taste so good! I think this recipe could work with most fruits or berries.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne