Baked sweet potato with beans and greens

Friday, 5 August 2016

My fridge looks like the streets the day after the Swedish Midsummer celebration. Empty. I don’t want to stock up on things now since I’m moving on Sunday. That means that I have to work with what I’ve got these last couple of days.

I had one sweet potato, a can on black eyed beans, some greens, one lemon and a little bit of hummus left. Delicious ingredients just by their selves, but together they’re a perfect healthy and filling plate!

There are a lot of things one could do with all of those ingredients, but I decided to make the sweet potato the hero of the dish and bake it in the oven.

Baked sweet potato with beans and greens

1. Start out with putting the oven on 220 degrees (gas mark 7). Take a fork and pick holes around the whole sweet potato. Put it on a baking tray and let sit in the oven for at least 1 hour. The potato should feel soft on the outside when it’s done.

2. You can start to prepare the beans and greens when the potato is done as it probably will be hot to eat straight away anyway.

3. Rinse and wash the black eyed beans. Chop up the spinach, courgette and avocado. Put it all together on the plate.

4. Make two halves of the sweet potato and put on the plate.

5. Make the hummus dressing my simple mix the hummus with the lemon juice (and a bit of black pepper if desired). Stir together and pour over the sweet potato and salad.

6. Serve and enjoy!

2 comments

  1. I love what's-left-in-the-fridge recipes! Often they come out tastier than "planned" ones :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree! It's usually better to not plan too much in the kitchen. x

      Delete

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne