Vegan sweet potato curry

Friday, 15 July 2016


My love for Indian food just keeps on growing. Yesterday I went over with some flowers to our sweet neighbours who kindly had put up some clotheslines outside our flat that we can use. The mother of the house invited me to their living room for some Indian sweets, which were really tasty (it was like coconut cookies, that were completely vegan luckily).

Sometimes I feel the smell from their window when she’s cooking and you can feel the Indian spices. It smells so good! When I make Indian food, it’s of course not the same thing, but I try at least.

Like I said in my previous vegetable curry recipe (find it here), what I like about curry is that it’s so versatile. It’s perfect when you have vegetable’s at home that needs to be used, because you can basically throw in whatever you have and it’ll turn out good. This time I made one with sweet potatoes and bell peppers. It turned out really good!

Vegan sweet potato curry

1. Finely chop the red onion and garlic and sauté with a little water in a saucepan.

2. Add in all of the spices (except the salt and pepper). I never measure how much of the spices, just do it after your own preference.

3. Chop up the sweet potato in to cubes and add in to the saucepan with the red lentils. Pour over water till the potatoes and lentils are just covered. Let boil on a medium heat under a lid for a couple of minutes.

4. While it’s boiling, take the red and green bell peppers and chop in to stripes.

5. Pour in the coconut milk in the saucepan and stir around. Add in the peppers, stir a bit more and let simmer under the lid for a couple of minutes.

6. Add some salt and pepper and more of the other spices if necessary.

7. Serve with some rice and chopped spinach – And there you have some Indian cuisine (or at least my take on it)!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne