Vegan Oat Pancakes

Friday, 8 July 2016

Who doesn’t love pancakes? One of the best things my mom used to make when I still live at home was “plättar”, which are thin small pancakes. I also loved making oatmeal pancakes that only had three ingredients. Only problem with both of those pancakes was and is the egg. My mom use eggs when making her pancakes and so did I when doing my oatmeal ones.

Therefore, I’ve experimented quite a lot with making different types of pancakes for the last couple of months. I’ve made thick American ones, healthy banana pancakes and then there are these thinner ones with oats, which I added to make them more filling.

These pancakes are thin but filling. The recipe is like normal Swedish pancakes, but I’ve added the oats and swopped the eggs in to chia “eggs” instead. Using chia is super healthy, because you won't get the cholesterol that egg has, but instead you'll get healthy fats like omega 3 (and it has loads of other health benefits). 

I topped mine with banana and strawberry slices, because I love having fruit and berries with my pancakes! I also drizzled over some date syrup, but you can of course use agave/rice/coconut/maple syrup instead.

Vegan Oat Pancakes

1. Start out with preparing the chia “eggs”. Mix two Tbsp of chia seed with 6 Tbsp of water in a glas and let sit in the fridge for a couple of minutes.

2. Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.

3. Pour in half of the amount of the coconut milk and mix together. Add the chia “eggs” and mix all together.

4. Add in the rest of the coconut milk and add in more if necessary. The mixture should not be thick.

5. To a medium heat pan, add a tiny bit of coconut oil and start to fry your pancakes one at a time. Flip the pancake when bubbles start to pop up in the middle of the pancake.

6. When all pancakes are done it’s time to slice up the banana and strawberries.

7. Put the pancakes on a plate, top with the fruit and berries, drizzle over some date syrup – Eat and enjoy!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne