Black bean taco salad with spicy quinoa

Monday, 11 July 2016


This weekend I was craving tacos, so I made my version of it. I love making this black bean salad because you can eat it just by it self, or you can have it with some spicy quinoa like I did this time. 

When cooking the quinoa you simply add in some taco spice (I used Santa Maria's taco spice mix) in the water. It makes it spicy and delicious! It's pretty much the same method I use when making my couscous salad (find the recipe here). I love cooking grains like quinoa, couscous or oats with different spices because it makes it less plain. 








I also made some guacamole (because guacamole is life and I could have it everyday) and all components in a tortilla bread. The ultimate weekend-night-in-dinner if you ask me!

Black bean taco salad with spicy quinoa 

1. Start out by cooking the quinoa according to the package instructions. When you see the first bubble popping up in the water it's time to add in the taco spice mix. Stir around and put on low heat and let simmer under a lid. 

2. Drain and rinse the black bean and corn while the quinoa is cooking. 

3. Chop up the red bell pepper and 1 red onion. Put it in a bowl with the black beans and corn and mix together. 

4. Take half of the lime and squeeze the juice over the salad. Add some pepper and a tiny bit of salt and mix around. 

5. Have a look at the quinoa, because it's probably done by this time. 

6. It's time to make the guacamole. Take the avocado and mash in a bowl. Chop up the tomato, half a red onion and the garlic clove finely and mix together with the avocado. 

7. Take the other half of the lime and squeeze the juice over the guacamole. Salt and pepper after your preference, mix together - Done! 

8. Serve it in a tortilla bread or with tortilla chips. Add some greens (spinach for me) or something else you fancy. Eat and enjoy! 

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne