Green spring rolls

Tuesday, 7 June 2016


When my friend Linn moved back to Sweden she kindly gave me loads of things she still had in her pantry. I got spices and herbs, brown rice and black rice, red quinoa and more – let’s jus say I was excited! One of the things I got was Vietnamese rice paper. I have wanted to try making spring rolls for some time, but just never have because I thought it would be to hard.


I’m not saying that these spring rolls turned out to be the most fancy ones (some cracks here and there, but who cares as long as it tastes good), but it still wasn’t that hard. You can fill them with a bit whatever you want, it tasted so good and it’s a dish that impress on the plate.

I decided to fill these spring rolls with rice noodles and vegetables that I had in my fridge at the moment. I also had some soy sauce with chopped garlic in it on the side.

I know this isn't "proper" Vietnamese spring rolls, but I like to make it easy and use what I have at home. 

Green spring rolls

1. Start with cooking the noodles according to the instructions on the package so that they will have time to cool down a bit.

2. Chop up the peppers (I used ½ red bell pepper and ½ yellow bell pepper), a piece of the courgette and the avocado (I used ½ of a avocado). Chop them in to thin stripes, as it will be easier to put in to the rice paper.

3. Pour in some hot water in to a bowl big enough to dip the rice paper in.

4. Put the rice paper in to the hot water for a few seconds to then put it on a plane surface.

5. It’s time to fill the paper with a little bit of all ingredients and roll them together (I started with the spinach and noodles and added the peppers, courgette and avocado on it). Roll the rice paper by rolling over the side closets to you over the filling and then folding in the sides to then continue to roll it.

6. Either roll the spring rolls by the table as you eat (which can be quite fun if you’re several people as you can put in different fillings) or continue the procedure and roll them all before you start to eat.

7. Chop up 1 garlic glove and ad in to the soy sauce and stir together.

8. Dip the spring rolls in the soy sauce, eat it and enjoy!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne