Bottomless brunch

Sunday, 12 June 2016


My Saturday started out with brunch at the pub The Great Exhibition in Peckham. My friend Josefine (check out her blog here) recently turned 23, so it was time to celebrate her! We order this thing called "bottomless brunch", which means that you order one dish and one drink (Bloody Mary or Mimosa) and then you can have as much of the drink as you want. Dangerous but so fun! 

I had a look at their menu one day ahead to check out what options there was for me. They had a full english vegetarian breakfast so I gave them a call to see if they could swop some things. They were really friendly and said it was no problem at all and just swopped the poached egg and hash brown to spinach and avocado instead and made sure nothing was made with butter. 

It usually isn't a problem to get your dish vegan even if the restaurant don't have it on the menu. Don't be afraid to ask. They want to make you happy as a costumer and if they don't, then I guess it's not a place worth going to. 

A couple of carafes Mimosa later, we all walked to Josefine and George's place. We spent the whole afternoon and evening there before we headed of to a super cool bar that's filled with old school video games. Packman, Mario, Car games, Pinball – I loved the place! 

Didn't get much sleep though since I had to go up for work this morning. Let's just say I wasn't the morning person I usually am, but it was worth it! 

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne