Vegan red lentil curry with chickpeas and courgettes

Friday, 27 May 2016

Curry is one of my favourite dishes to make. It's versatile, you can put in so many different things and it's easy to make. I always make quite a lot so that I can store it in the fridge and for a couple of days.

This one has red lentils, chickpeas and courgettes (zucchini) in it. I make this almost every week, it's so good!

You can serve it with rice or bread. I recently started to cook rice and quiona together and eat it with that and I also top it with some spinach.



Vegan red lentil curry with chickpeas and courgettes

1. Heat a saucepan and fry the onion chopped with a bit of water. 

2. Add in the chopped garlic and all spices and stir around (I just add the spices depending on how hot I want the curry to be). 

3. Add in the red lentils with the double amount of water (4 dl if your following this recipe). Let simmer under a lid for a few minutes.

4. Add in the coconut milk and chickpeas. Stir around and put on the lid again. 

5. Chop up the courgette and add in to the curry and, once again, put on the lid and let simmer for a few minutes. 

6. Add salt and pepper. Taste and add in spices if necessary. 

7. Serve with rice/quiona/bread or whatever you prefer and enjoy!

Post a Comment

Copyright © Olivias vegan life
Design by Fearne